2013年1月3日 星期四

reflections after reading Ride Around Taiwan Island(島內出走


Ride Around Taiwan Island(島內出走) is a travel book written by FROG(蛙大). He traveled around Taiwan with three friends by bicycle in 16 days in 2007. After the trip, he wrote down the hard but precious process, and then combined with his delicate picture photographed during the journey, he published out this books.
After I finished reading this book, I felt a strong sense of wanting to travel around Taiwan detailedly.
I aspired to travel, but the place in Taiwan was never an ideal destination for me previously.
Thinking back, it is truly stupid of me. People usually praise Taiwan for “Formosa”, a beautiful island, but I, just regarded it as a title, and never try to carefully appreciated it, and cherish it.
I think I am greatly influenced by my vanity and the world’s predominant viewpoint; people are talking about romantic Paris, prosperous New York, or modern Tokyo, and then I romanticize them, and dream of going there. I just anticipate going to foreign cities, and forget to appreciate the beauty of where I stand.
Now, I will not be so stupid anymore, and will start to taste the wonderfulness of Taiwan from now on.


沒有留言:

張貼留言